I think some of us are shocked with the results of our election. But, what is...is. And I'm glad it's over, either way. I couldn't handle another commercial or mail piece to vote for this or that without wanting to dry-heave.
I've had A LOT of emails come in overnight asking about what this means for you so...let's focus on YOU and what all this means for you and your life, particularly when it comes to economics. Because, after all, that is really the crux of everyone's fears, hopes, anger, and all the other emotions that are flying around. Right? What does this mean for you and your family?
So, let's discuss...shall we?
First of all, I called it and I stand behind my prediction of the immediate disruption of the global markets that will immediately happen post-election. (I'll explain why in a minute.) You'll see it unfold as the days, weeks, and months roll on. Please note, as I already said before, we were already headed for a recession regardless of who clinched this election. It's just a matter of how the economy rolls (up and down) and it was time to take on what some would call a "correction" while others predict a "second Great Recession." Personally I don't think it will be that bad. I predict that this will be a "softer" recession than we'd gone through in 2008 and beyond.
Now, I'm kind of a logic-based gal. And I'm going to show you right now how to weed through the clutter of anger, fear, and emotions to find what we can expect the REALITY to be so that you can best prepare for these tumultuous years to come, which, again, were destined to happen regardless of the outcome of this election. You need to get to the core of reality to better situate yourself for what's to come. Okay?
So...let's take a DEEP BREATH and do this, okay? Trust me. It won't be as painful as you may have thought.
Facts. Remember facts? Let's get back to that. Something that A LOT of people turned their backs on for quite some time. Now...let's get back to those pesky little FACTS.
Many of us who are in business are concerned about the business stuff such as:
1) Taxes, especially corporate taxes: with a Clinton Administration, I was VERY WORRIED about the corporate tax situation. So...good news there, folks. We don't have to worry about that anymore, do we?
2) Getting rid of NAFTA: as a small business, making certain things in America is simply not affordable. Now, I could make 100% of everything in America but that means nothing can be sold at Walmart prices anymore which, unfortunately, is something everyone's been accustomed to. So, one of the following scenarios can play out which would be (a) taxing imports, driving up prices on all common goods bought in places like Walmart, further separating the classes, or (b) leaving it alone altogether, sweeping that notion of repealing NAFTA under the rug as if it was never mentioned at all because...really, does Donald Trump want to start making his own products in the USA now? Does he want Ivanka to make her products in the USA too? Driving up costs? Diminishing profitability? I don't know. As a business person, I don't see another business person wanting to screw himself like this. It doesn't make any sense to do this. Also, I'm assuming that if they were aiming for American-made products, they would have made the move a few years back in preparation for this by bringing their own production to the USA. Yes, it could happen. Will it? I don't know. I kind of doubt it. It could happen though so if it does, just note that a lot of stuff that was affordable suddenly won't be for most people. You'll be paying 2 and 3 times more (on the low side) for your common products. Without an increase in minimum wage, we'll see a deeper chasm between the classes, possibly permanently poking out the middle class altogether.
As a side note: IF we were to bring more manufacturing jobs back to America, a lot of it would be automated with machinery, robots, and the like with the bare minimum of human labor used as possible just to be able to make this proposition affordable. Yes, I would LOVE to see manufacturing brought back to the USA. But is it feasible? Maybe, with the right machinery and robotic technology it would be. But, if you're listening to what I'm saying, that doesn't mean "jobs for humans" but rather "manufacturing in the USA with jobs for robots." So, either way, there are no manufacturing jobs for humans being brought back here. Let's be real and base all this on FACTS. And the fact is, American companies cannot keep product prices down while paying a union employee $50 an hour to make broomsticks here all day. That's just reality. So, if the broomstick manufacturing company must do business here in the USA because of tariffs or legal requirements, it'll be Robot Bob making the broomsticks and not Joe Blow human being.
Which brings me to...
3) Increasing wages: I was worried about this being forced on me as a business owner with Clinton in office. Now...I don't have to worry about it anymore. There won't be an increase in wages. So, if you work for somebody, you're screwed. If you're a business owner...say "Hooray!" right now. Because you're off the hook for at least another 4 years on wage increases.
So...as a business owner, you should be okay if you stay progressive with your hustle. Learn new marketing strategies. Keep up with the changes in selling online. With a business owner in office, he's probably the only president we've ever had that fully understands business inside and out. So...that is NOT a bad thing for you, a business owner. (If you're NOT a business owner...be very afraid right now because the middle class is about to become extinct.)
And one final thing...
4) War: what does this have to do with business? Well, it puts people to work. We have to make machinery and technology and bombs and all the other stuff that goes along with blowing people up. So, yes, it is directly tied into business. And we'll be going to war which will be good for those in industries that provide these tools. (When I told my daughter who won the election this morning, the first thing she said was, "Does this mean we'll have World War III?" From the mouth's of babes. And I said, "Probably.") Reality is, ISIS will be taken care of during this administration which means an out-and-out war.
What this all means for American society as a whole:
Since the globe (international trade) is worried about the "closing of the borders" and the heavy taxation of goods coming into the USA, there will be global fear and volatility for awhile. This will do what I call "break the market" a little faster than anticipated. That's not necessarily bad. We already knew the recession was coming, right? I've had students left and right asking me where the "bottom" is. How the hell should I know? I'm not running Dionne Warwick's Psychic Friends Network here. The "bottom" means different things in different areas of the country so, again, how the hell could I know? But, "breaking" the market faster means a closer, quicker bottom. Wait...before you get scared, listen up! The "bottom" is where you make money. Buy low, sell high. Ringing any bells yet? Yes, we want a quicker bottom. A quicker bottom means a faster recovery (although I have a feeling that this recession probably will last longer than I originally anticipated).
As another side note, I got VERY RICH between 2008 and 2010. Think back to what was going on then. Yes, the market cracked, bottomed, and all hell broke loose. And I was making more money than I ever imagined. THAT is what happens when you position yourself correctly so...stop panicking and allow me to HELP YOU position yourself correctly for this upcoming economic calamity.
So, here are the industries that will start to go soft first:
1) Car sales/leases.
2) Home sales.
3) Anything to do with "entertainment" (including places like Vegas).
4) Vacations/pleasure trips.
5) Home upgrades/remodeling. This also includes new home building.
There are many more but the above markets are the biggies.
Again, let's full circle this all back to YOU. After all, at the end of the day, you still have to feed, cloth, and shelter yourself and your family, right? I'll tell you how, but first, a brief warning...
Those who suffer the most in these times are those who work for other companies. If you work for somebody, you should start quivering in your boots right now. You will be affected the most. So, let's change that. Let's create a different future for you. You DO have more power than you give yourself credit for. Let's start using that power. Let's use your fear of the future and turn it into a productive fire under your ass for some meaningful long-term economic change for yourself.
Let's start making the changes NOW.
There are 3 parts to this:
1) Personal & Business Credit: You need to use OPM (Other People's Money) to get rich. If your personal credit (mid-FICO) is NOT above 720, fix it. Rebuild it. Do it now. You can increase your FICO dramatically in only a few months with some elbow grease. Once you get that FICO up over 720, start an S corporation in your home state, get an EIN for your business and start applying for business credit cards and BLOCs (business lines of credit).
2) Get yourself some Aggressive Income Strategies going. Since working for somebody else is NOT a wise option in our upcoming months and years to come, get some type of Aggressive Income going on for yourself. This can be a simple Money Funnel Business that you can operate from home, making anywhere from $20,000 or more per month if you play your cards right. And it can be as BIG as starting a Distribution Profit business, creating a multi-million-dollar business where you see your products on store shelves nationwide. (I just released my Distribution Profit Modules and you can get them for a kick-ass deal by CLICKING HERE.)
3) Get your Passive Income Investing Business going. We're in "watch-and-wait" mode...but just for the holidays. So don't get lazy for too long. Start staking out a farming area in the country in which you'll be building your Passive Income Empire. Start learning everything you can about acquiring property, especially using no-cash-no-credit strategies. Then once the first quarter of next year rolls around and you start to notice prices dropping, inventory hitting the market like a mad dog (because people are panicking, thinking the sky is falling down), and REOs come back into the picture at pennies on the dollar...you can swing right in and start picking things up left and right. But you MUST have a specific strategy that matches what's going on in today's economic climate and I'll be showing everyone what that is in my VERY RARE one-time-only 3-day Real Estate Underground Secret Event in Detroit in February 2017. CLICK HERE for details about how you can still get in at our early-bird special pricing (which ends soon). Platinum VIP is nearly sold out and we're still accepting $100 hold deposits for those who want to lock in a seat and lock in the price before it goes up.
And that's how I see the months and years unfolding.
Listen, the MOST IMPORTANT thing in all this is to STOP falling in with the fear, anxiety, anger, and whirlwind of other emotions that are circulating right now. Because this is how you can get in trouble. People who are thinking with emotions don't think rationally. And if you're not thinking rationally then you stand to lose just by making simple errors and misjudgments that could have been easily avoided if you kept your eye on the ball in the first place. Focus. Create a plan. Stick to the plan. Stop worrying about everything else. It's that simple.
See you at the top!