This blog posting may ruffle a few feathers because...well, this "guru" (shown in the picture next to me) really does have a huge following. And over the years I too have read his books, listened to his audios, etc. just to ALWAYS find myself bewildered, confused, and having no clue how to implement what he was saying...IF I could dissect what he was TRYING to say, that is. I just thought it was me. Maybe I was just too stupid to figure out what he was talking about.
Then I met him a couple of weeks ago. He gave our Titanium group a one-on-one "mini seminar" where, yet again, I found myself completely confused and bewildered about what he was saying. I even asked my own questions directly to him which was about marketing on an international level (namely doing direct mail) and, as if he was himself speaking a foreign language, I STILL didn't understand what the hell this guy was saying. He started mumbling something about competition in China and how it wouldn't be wise to sell my products on store shelves. Huh? Who said anything about selling products on store shelves in China?
The guru I'm studying under right now is somebody really "old school" in the marketing world...goes back to the Gary Halbert days. Gary is dead now. He's been gone for about 10 years I believe. Gary truly was the best there was in both marketing and copywriting. Today, there are very few "real gurus" left out there to study with. Even thought I'm not a fan of "mastermind groups," I decided to study under this one particular marketing guru for a couple of years before he either retires or kicks the bucket because he's the last one that I know of who is part of the original marketing "brat pack" from back in the day.
Back to the "guru" in the picture (who is NOT the same "guru" I'm studying under), I couldn't make heads or tales of what he was saying. Before meeting him live, I was sent a set of CDs to listen to. It was this "guru" on the CDs talking about business partnerships. And it was a PAINFUL 2-hour audio of him stammering and him-hawing around, having trouble finishing a complete sentence or thought. Again, this made me wonder... "What the HELL do people see in this guy??" Even my marketing mentor found himself constantly injecting things like, "I think what he means is..." and "What I believe he's trying to say is..."
Not a good sign, for sure.
Then like a bolt of lightning, IT HIT ME! Anyone can "position" themselves to be an EXPERT on pretty much anything. You just write a book, march out there and profess yourself to be an expert, and VERY FEW IF ANYONE will question you.
Don't believe me? Try it. You'll see!
Because after listening to this so-called business marketing "genius," I was able to quickly assess that this dude doesn't know his ass from a hole in the ground. What he DOES know is how to position himself as an "expert" and everybody else who knows just a little bit less actually goes along with it.
So...what about those of us who know MORE about marketing (or whatever topic the "expert" claims to know so much about)? We can see through them like the frauds that they are.
As I did with this guy.
He's a fraud. He's a huckster. He doesn't know jack shit about marketing. And all of this "theories" are either ripped off from other marketing gurus or just theories that he grabbed from thin air (and clearly NOT from business experience) that he's just throwing out into a book or seminar.
And THAT really sucks!
I tell students all the time that most times it's MUCH WORSE to learn all the wrong stuff on a topic rather than knowing nothing at all and just bumbling through the learning process yourself BY DOING it yourself.
One of the most valuable things I have to bring to the table is that EVERYTHING I teach my students is EVERYTHING I DO! Period. No exceptions. And yes, I do A LOT of stuff!
Even better, I teach you what we call the "nuts and bolts" of EXACTLY how to do it, how to implement the teachings, and how to make money with it.
And that narrows me down to maybe only ONE of thousands of gurus out there running around selling theories, stories, and bullshit because they're fraudulently positioned themselves as an "expert" when really they're not. Not by a long shot!
Sadly (for you), there is a set of teachings that I will no longer be doing after this fall. It's my non-real estate Aggressive Income Strategies including my highly profitable Money Funnel Strategies.
And there are three (3) reasons why I'm no longer doing these trainings, mentorship groups, and courses anymore after this fall:
1) As our real estate market dives into a buyer's market in coming months, I will need all my energy and focus to work on new deals, partnerships, and property acquisitions. This is going to force me to cut back on the workshops and mentorship groups that take the most time, effort and energy which are those that fall under the non-real estate Aggressive Income category.
2) I've created too much of my own competition. It seems that everything I do, all my students want to do from health supplements (and exactly the ones I sold when I had Brie Labs), real estate courses, personal credit systems, and now skincare products (because this is my latest and greatest business strategy). Yes, I think it's great that there are quite a few of my students using my Money Funnel Strategies who are making $20,000 to $50,000 AND MORE per month in net profits. BUT...since my students insist on selling EXACTLY what I'm selling in my businesses, I'm creating too much competition for myself.
3) The HARDEST subject for me to teach is non-real estate related Aggressive Income Strategies like Internet marketing, direct mail marketing, etc. This is because I'm pulling on more than 20 years experience AND showing you the newest and best methods to market in TODAY'S economic marketplace. It's SO DETAILED and PRECISE that it takes laser focus and A LOT of energy for me to prepare my mentorships and workshops on these business strategies because I truly believe that I'm the ONLY ONE OUT THERE who will give you the REAL "nuts and bolts" on how to do this to build a REAL BUSINESS. This is because I have the experience and I am a REAL expert (and not just a "properly positioned" blow hard). Because of this energy and focus requirement, I cannot focus on real estate and, as stated in #1 above, we are coming into "acquisitions season" which requires my 100% focus AFTER this coming fall.
This is why I STRONGLY recommend that you take advantage of this LAST EVER influx of trainings I'm doing for what I call Money Funnel 2.0. You'll have 3 choices to take part in this:
1) Just getting the Money Funnel 2.0 System which includes a couple of kick-ass bonuses to ensure your success IF you can follow basic directions. CLICK HERE to get it.
2) Registering for my 8-week online Money Funnel 2.0 Mentorship Group (starting September 5th) in which you'll get the above Money Funnel 2.0 System as a throw-in bonus. This is the RECOMMENDED OPTION because you'll gain access to already-done Money Funnel CLONES that you can use as a ready-made tested-and-proven business. The majority of the mentorship we'll be focusing on marketing your set up Money Funnel! CLICK HERE to get it.
3) Registering for my 3-day Money Funnel 2.0 Workshop in Valencia, California on September 28th - 30th where you'll automatically be part of our mentorship AND you'll get the Money Funnel 2.0 System as well. (If you're already registered for the workshop, you'll get all these added bonuses so don't worry.) IMPORTANT NOTE: We ONLY have 3 spots left in this almost-full workshop so if you want to do this, I STRONGLY URGE YOU to register right away by calling (661) 295-5050. CLICK HERE. And yes, we can do a payment plan on this for you.
You can also CLICK HERE to hear a really heart-felt and truly awesome testimonial video from my video guy -- Jesse J. (who is always the one filming my seminars so if you've attended one, you've seen him there) -- and his TREMENDOUS SUCCESS with my Money Funnel Strategies via his website www.MusicMakesCash.com. Jesse is doing so well that he just bought a house with his online profits! (And yes, Jesse WILL be filming our next workshop and he'll PERSONALLY be talking about how and why he's so successful with his online marketing strategies!!)
The bottom line is this: Not everybody is cut out to make $20,000+ per month in net profits with online marketing. It's not for everyone. I realize that. But if it's something that you know you want to do, I STRONGLY RECOMMEND you take advantage of these upcoming LAST EVER trainings I'll be doing, whether you do the mentorship AND the 3-day event or just the mentorship. But this is it. It's NOW OR NEVER, baby!
See you at the top!