Here we are...on the Eve of the New Year!
Have you written out your New Year's Resolutions yet?
Better yet, have you created a Vision Board to visually show yourself what you want to accomplish in the New Year? (If you haven't done this yet, there's still time!)
One of the biggest challenges for many of my students is that they simply don't know where to start...so they end up wasting yet another year getting nowhere because they simply don't know where to begin.
It's like sitting at a desk piled with papers and you don't know what to start tackling first...so you sit there and do nothing like a deer in the headlights.
Clean that damn desk of your life!
A "clean desk" or a clean slate is what you need right now before we kick off the New Year.
If you don't know how to "clean your slate" and ready yourself for your New Goals and New Life then you need to watch these 2 videos.
You will need about 30 minutes of quite time so lock yourself in a room with a pad of paper and a pen. We're going to do this right now.
Here's the link for the free videos:
I've also included 2 download forms you can use to start building your life with. Do the exercises on the forms after the video is over.
Then, if you really are serious about changing your life immediately, go to Walmart or Michael's or Staples and get yourself a poster board. Take the time to go online and print a bunch of pictures for your Vision Board. (Type "Google images" into Google.com and then type in the keyword to any picture you want. Double-click on any picture you like and then right-click on it to print it off. Then glue it to your Vision Board. Very simple, people!)
I'm not a huge fan of affirmations or visualization but I will tell you that a Vision Board is extremely powerful. This is because, when you place it in a space of your home where you can see it every day, your subconscious starts accepting these pictures as reality without putting up a "block" or negative thought about it. It just starts accepting them. Then, slowly but surely, it'll start accepting these things as a "fact" of your life.
I don't get everything on my Vision Board every year I do one. I only get about 85% to 90% of the things on the board. Not bad! Not bad at all!
If you don't want to do the Vision Board, here's an alternative:
1) Write a list of everything that you want. Each "goal" needs to be very specific yet needs to be in 3 sentences or less. For example, here's what I may write if I want to lose weight: "I want to lose 20 lbs. by June 1st. Additionally, I want to tone up and have a bikini body. I plan on doing this by working out 4 days a week for an hour a day on average, starting immediately."
2) You can have as many goals as you want but the rule is that it must be very specific. "I want to be rich" is not specific and therefore you won't get it!
3) Place the list in a sacred place. I have this little treasure box on my top dresser in my bedroom. I put my list in this box. I make sure my daughter or no one else can get to it, look at it, or even know it's there.
4) Do not look at the list at all. I know this goes against what all those goal-setting books say (i.e. "look at your list in the morning and at night everyday) but this works! You are only allowed to look at the list one time during the year (preferably in the summer) to see where you are on the list and if you "forgot" anything that needs more attention.
5) Otherwise, keep the list in the box, don't look at it (except for that one time) and you're not allowed to take it out until next year when you are replacing it with a new list. (You'll take the old list out and use it as a reference to fill in your new list by placing the items that you didn't meet/make or by discovering which items you want to permanently discard because it's not part of what you want anymore. Maybe that Bentley really isn't what you want because you realized that having a 7-series BMW is better.)
If you want help on how to start "building your life" for the New Year, go to this link and watch these 2 videos: http://www.monicamain.com/change_your_life
Have a Happy New Year!
See you at the top!